Monday, February 4, 2008

This day is full of victories!

This was a very full day, with quite a few challenges, but I think I worked my way through them very sucessfully. I started this blog to help people out, but it's already helping me a lot! It keeps me thinking.

First the less fun stuff:

My back is still hurting a lot, and since it hurts from my shoulder blades to my knees, I decided to forgo my work out again. Put this in the chapter of "things I've learned along the way" pushing myself through an injury leads to a worst injury which has me grounded and extremely unhappy.

Not to mention that I get bored easily, and I'm very hard to live with when I'm bored... so I'm also doing my husband a favor by being careful. ;op

Now to the good stuff:

I had a full day of teaching today, and it was in a rather difficult class. I brought my bento lunch (will post on my Bento blog about it in a little bit) and 2 mini bars as snacks. I was offered other things, but I declined and stuck to my plan.

After a day of teaching, I tend to have the munchies a lot. It's like the stress catches up with me at the end of the day. So today I didn't want to just go home and munch, I went back to the Asian Market and bought me a second box an dividers. The second box is for me so that my husband can use my other one. Then I stopped at Copperfields to look up books.

My trip to Copperfields had two goals: looking at books keeps me busy, and away from food; also the Copperfields in Santa Rosa has the coolest little Cafe, so I went in and had myself a cup of soup.

The thing is, I was off school at 2, and worked at Weight Watchers at 4. Too early for dinner, but too late for me to get through without being overly hungry. So a cup of soup was just what I needed to tie me over until after work!

I got to work early so I walked around in the trails behind the traveler, about 25-30 minutes. That's not much, but since I'm pretty much "grounded" it's something at least. So far today I've walked 7400 steps!

Came home to a delicious Chili my husband made out of the Shortcut Cookbook (Weight Watchers).

So I had a great day. I'm working very hard at being patient and good to myself until my back is better. I'm so not good at that. Oh well... guess I'm still learning, even after 5 years! :o)

2 comments:

Terry said...

Hi Willow, I've enjoyed your comments on the Core WW message boards and am now enjoying your blog. Your before and after pictures are amazing, as is your dedication. I'm working on the last ten pounds to reach my lifetime goal AGAIN! I live in Tennessee but am originally from Santa Cruz County, and my husband and I spent a week in Santa Rosa last month -- great town!

Willow said...

Aww thanks Terry !