Friday, February 8, 2008

Busy Day

After Being "grounded" for a few days, I was teaching all day today. It was a good day at a fun school.

I brought in my bento lunch and made an effort to walk around in the classroom while the students were working. After I came home I had some leftovers and water.

I found that bringing not only lunch, but my snacks and water along for the day makes a big difference. I don't stop anywhere for snack and/or water, so I avoid temptation.

They had a birthday cake in the teacher room, but I didn't stick around to see if I was going to be offered any. For one thing, subs aren't very "included" at that school, and I didn't want any anyway.

So, I planned ahead, avoided temptation, walked as I could, and kept my head when I came home. This was a good day!

Tomorrow I'm off to San Francisco to go bento shopping. Hopefully we can find a lunch that isn't too calorie rich in Japantown!

No comments: