Thursday, February 7, 2008

Starting to feel better...

My back is starting to feel a little better, not as much as I would like, but I can move around and do my thing. You don't appreciate "moving freely" until it's taken away from you!

Today I finished the laundry, did some thinkering in my paperwork and did some reading.

I've found a wonderful overview of what becoming vegetarian is all about. What to look at, what to look for, what to avoid. I'm not for or against being a vegetarian, but I think that done right, it can be as healthy as an omnivorous lifestyle. It's not my lifestyle, I'm more of a "part time vegetarian".

Anyway, all this to say that I found this "Vegetarian Starter Kit" on the Vegetarian Times website and thought it was intersting. You can find it here (It's a PDF document, 16 pages):

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/

You just click on the "Vegetarian Starter Kit" in the orange tool bar at the top of the page. I just thought I would share. Unfortunately I still see people decide to "go vegetarian" and eating carrots, lettuce and mushroom only there is more to being a Vegetarian than "just eating veggies". Be safe, and be wise!

Today I was feeling more optimistic and positive. I took a shower early and put on a clean pyjama! I wasn't working, so I decided to do a pyjama day in style! I did my hair, put on my face, everything! Then I plopped down on the couch! He he he

For lunch I just grabbed a frozen meal. I actually found the last chicken curry that was hidden behind other stuff. AH! I ate it over leftover bulgur, delicious.

This afternoon I went shopping, didn't buy much, but I walked for nearly 2 hours. It felt good to be outside (mostly) and to walk around.

On my way home I stopped by Olivers to buy green beans for a side dish I had planned, and discovered that they had yummy looking brown rice sushi. I bought 2 rolls for dinner.

So we had Shredded Green Beans, Citrus-Chives Whole Grain Couscous, and brown rice Sushi.





It was pretty and delicious! My husband liked it also, so I know I had a winner! :o)


It's a double victory because it's going to be part of my bento lunch tomorrow! The sushi is gone, but we have leftover chicken and mini-frittata to go with the two side dishes.

I'm feeling upbeat and ready. I'm waiting a few more days to hit the gym again, but I'm walking, and moving and doing things.

Mainly I'm me again!

1 comment:

Terry said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better! I love pajama days! Good advice on becoming a vegetarian, it takes some planning!