Sunday, February 24, 2008

New week, new attitude!

Sunday is the "beginning of my week". I start my food log and activity log on Sunday morning. That means that on Saturday I sit down and plan my week.

Until now we were only planning our meals for the week. That made "eating right" a lot easier for both of us because we knew what was coming and could take things out of the freezer the night before, stop by the store on the way home and other such things. It took away the "what's for dinner" at 5:30 pm when everything is frozen solid and half the ingredients are missing.

Last week we had 3 days off together and kind of forgot to plan our week. It showed. The whole week turned out to be a challenge because we had a lot more "system D" meals than usual. System D meals are when both of us make a meal of whatever we can find, usually sandwiches and such. This has not been a good "food week" (other than my home made brown rice sushi!!! I'm so proud!).

My other challenge this last week was activity. After hurting my back, I've had the hardest time getting back into my routine. I have an ever changing schedule and it makes it hard to really plan anything. The only way that has worked lately is to work out very early in the morning. I mean VERY early.

Yesterday I sat down and planned my meals and my work outs. My meals I planned as usual, breakfast, lunch, dinner with references to the recipes (book and page). For my work outs, I planned what I am going to do, and when, in details. That way I can't excuse my way out of it. It's written down in my planner and everything!

Today I got up too late to work out before work, so I went after I was done at the center. I almost talked myself out of it, but then I realized that I wrote it down, so if I'm not going to do it, I might as well give up now.

Also, I knew that my husband would ask when I came home. I couldn't bear to admit that I failed myself again. Accountability, isn't that funny how it never gets old? I know he would never judge me, but he'd be disappointed. I do still think that pride is my best ally, I'll go to any length to avoid scratching my ego. Whatever works right?

So, I went, did a full body work out (Upper and Lower body weights), preceded by a 10 minutes warm up on the elliptical and followed by a 20 minutes Cardio session also on the elliptical.

Tomorrow is Cardio day, so I'll be doing 45 minutes (min.) Cardio work out, with Yoga and Core training. I will do it because it's written down, and I'm reporting to my husband! I will not admit to having skipped it, and I will not lie to my husband... so... He he he

Be good n stuff!

No comments: