Friday, February 22, 2008

My very own sushi!

Today I made my very own sushi at home, all by myself! And it was GOOD!

Last weekend I bought myself a Zojirushi Rice cooker. Today I finally had the time to look it up and try it out. I bought some short grain brown rice (at Olivers Market for the "locals") and threw it in the cooker with the amount of water requested for brown rice. After that I put it some rice vinegar, sugar and salt and gently mixed it up.

I had bought a bamboo mat, bamboo paddle and nori at a local asian market previously and used that.

I put in some seedless cucumber, avocado and smoked salmon. I wanted to keep it simple for my first attempt at making sushi. Now that I know how easy it is, I'll be extrapolating on that believe me! I made 3 onigiri (rice balls) with the left over rice and froze them. We'll see how that works!

So there I got to make my own sushi and eat it too!


Oh, and next time... 2 rolls is plenty! We had a lot more than we needed! It was yummy though!
Be good n stuff!

No comments: