Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Do you believe in magic?

In fairies? Why not?

Of course if you ask me "Do you believe that those fairies REALLY exist, and that you'll catch one someday?" I'd say no. I don't.

I do believe there are things that we don't understand, and that we haven't explained yet, but the myths and legends that we humans have come up with through the centuries are often a little over the top.

So, what am I saying? Believe in them, but they aren't true? Yeah, kind of. Reality goes only so far, and if you don't dare dream, believe, use your imagination, life gets pretty stale doesn't it? We do need to keep in touch with reality if we want to function in this world, and that, for most of us, isn't a problem.

I think we also need to keep in touch with the "other world". The world of dreams, and wishes, and fairies and knights. Where you can be whatever you want to be, and do whatever you want to do.

If "reality" wasn't in the way, what would you be? What would you do?

When I work out, I see myself going to the olympics (long standing dream for me) and win! I barely make it, but I do!

I'm over 33 years old, not anywhere near "olympic shape", and I know it's a bit late... to say the least. When I work out though, in my mind, it's real!

When I cook, I'm a pro! I open my own restaurant, and make tons of money because people are all marveling over my meals.

I've been cooking for 5 years, and though I think I've made amazing progress in such a short ime, well... Food Network hasn't called yet.

Of course it's important to keep a healthy balance between dream and reality. I will not kill myself working out in the hope of making it to the olympics. I will not buy myself a crown, and declare myself queen of the fairy world (though that could be funny, really, a cheapos crown, show up at a WW meeting hehehe).

Can I open a restaurant? who knows? I keep THAT dream in reserve, ideas are forming, it might not happen, but it might actually come true, one day.

Dare to dream, dare to think the impossible, some of it might even become true, some might not. It doesn't really matter, what does is that we aren't meant to live like robots, we are meant to dream.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to put some pieces of fruits in the backyard. Somebody's got to feed them fairies!

Be good n stuff!

No comments: