Saturday, March 22, 2008

Might just work after all...

It's Saturday! The last day of my week, and the day when I'm planning my coming week. I've brought out my Planner and Lifestyle Journal, and decided to use it exactly the way I meant for it to be used. To monitor my lifestyle as well as my crazy schedule!

So, this morning I sat down and put down my goals:

Professional:
- I want to review my resume,
- I want to make a list of the people who said they would write me reference letters so I can contact them after the spring break
- I want to take out my summer clothes to see what outfits would be appropriate for teaching and for Weigh Watchers.

Nutrition:
- Plan my meals for the week and follow the plan
- Snack on Core foods only (keep my WPAs for meals)
- Cook ahead when I have a minute (Veggie soup!)
- Eat only when hungry

Activity:
- Do 1 hour of "something" every day
- Resistance training at least 3 times in the week

Personal:
- Take time to do nothing
- Prepare the house for renovation
- Go outside and smell the fresh air.

So there, that's my general goal. In the next version of my planner, I want to add a "meal and workout weekly planner" part. I'm not exactly sure how it will turn out, but I'm working on it. For now I still type it up in MS Word.

Weekly Food Plan from 3-23 to 3-29

Sunday:
B: SCO (Steal Cut Oats), Fruits, Apple sauce, milk - Coffee Smoothie
L: System D (that means we each do whatever we want at the moment, no planned meal)
D: Marinated Flank Steak (WW, My Turn Around prog. Cookbook p. 159) - Jamaican-Style Potato Salad (WW, Savoring Summer p. 70)

Monday:
B: SCO, Fruits, Apple sauce, milk - Coffee Smoothie
L: Steamed veggies - Sliced steak - Potato salad
D: Smothered chicken and barley (Core board)

Tuesday:
B: Eggs over 1/2 sandwich - Coffee Smoothie
L: Curried Couscous - Sauteed veggies sticks - Spicy chicken strips
D: Leftovers Chicken and barley

Wednesday:
B: SCO, Fruits, Apple sauce, milk - Coffee Smoothie
L: Curried Couscous - Steamed veggies - Spicy chicken strips
D: Codfish Cazuela with Summer Squash (WW, Pantry to Plate p. 140)

Thursday:
B: Scramble in a toasted tortilla - Coffee Smoothie
L: Bulgur - Salad with minced veggies - Hardboiled eggs (shaped with my molds!)
D: Pork Chops in Tomato Sauce (WW, My Turn Around prog. Cookbook p. 175) - Bulgur

Friday:
B: SCO, Fruits, Apple sauce, milk - Coffee Smoothie
L: Bulgur - Vegetable sticks with hummus - Sauteed Tofu cubes
D: Hunter's Chicken with Roasted Vegetables (WW, Pantry to Plate p. 79)

Saturday:
B: Aram's Cafe Brunch
L: Aram's Cafe Brunch
D: Vegetable and Chickpea Stew with Couscous (WW, Pantry to Plate p. 117)

You'll notice that a lot of recipes come from 2 of Weight Watchers current cookbooks. My receptionist and I both felt like we needed inspiration, so we challenged each others to find 2 recipe in each books to try this week. I'm starting late, but I'm starting!

I haven't put together a definite work out plan since I'm going with the "an hour of something" every day. I do plan to track my foods and my activity in my Planner and Lifestyle Journal, so that I know what I'm doing and how I'm doing as I go. That's what I designed it for isn't it?

So there you go, it's my week. I intend to follow the plan and make it work all week. Stay tuned as I also intend to keep this place going, as with everything else, when it falls aside, everything follows.

Be good n stuff!

No comments: