Sunday, March 23, 2008

Day 1 of my week

I've already had to modify the plan!

It's no big thing, I just switched two days around, I made the Smothered chicken and Barley today, and will have the Flank Steak and Potato Salad tomorrow. We just got home too late to marinate the steak. Duh! I often modify my plans as the weeks happens since my schedule and my husband's change constantly. The main thing is to "modify" the plan, not to abandon it.

Today is a very good day. I stuck to my food plan and ate mindfully. The funny thing is that I really enjoyed everything I ate, I never felt hungry or deprived and I'm getting ready for a dinner that smells so good. Following my chosen plan is such a pain! AH!

Here's my food so far today:

Breakfast 1:
Weight Watchers chocolate smoothie made in 2 cups of Coffee.

Breakfast 2:
Steel Cut Oats with apple sauce, a banana, milk and a little caramel sugar free syrup.

Snack:
Orange

Lunch:
Salad: lettuce, steamed vegetables (broccoli, carrot, red bell pepper), Lentils (steamed from Trader Joes), and smoked salmon.
Mandarin oranges slices with FF plain yogurt

Snack:
Coffee with milk and sugar free syrup
Orange

Dinner 1:
Lentils with minced carrot and red bell pepper.

Dinner 2:
Smothered Chicken with Barley


Snack (planned):
94% FF microwaved popcorn

I also went to the dog park this afternoon, we walked around and played with the puppies for 20-30 minutes and then we went and walked around Shollenberger park.

Altogether is made over 1hr but I intend to go for a walk tonight to make sure I made it to 1hr. :o)

So that's my day, I take this as a very successful day. I had decided to make Sundays "all Core days" since I've found Sunday to be very challenging ever since I switched my "day 1" of the week to Sunday. So the idea is to start the week strong.

We'll see what happens!

Be good n stuff!

No comments: