Monday, May 26, 2008

Things are Moving

Food Stuff

Yeah, yeah I know, the last thing I need is a new cookbook! I say that every time... I couldn't resist this one though!


It's not a new cookbook, it was published in 1992. The authors Sheryl and Mel London put together a most useful cookbook. The title is: The Versatile Grain and the Elegant Bean, A celebration of the world's most healthful foods.

Basically, it's an encyclopedia for cooks! For each grain and each bean they talk about they give and historic; a definition; the different forms the grain or bean can be found in; a cooking chart; and finally healthy recipes.

This is all put together in an easy to read format, with simple but beautiful illustrations and no unnecessary complications. The recipes look very interesting. They don't all fit into my chosen food plan, but I think most of them would be easily modified.

I'm very happy with this book, I have several "grain" books, but this one is the closest to what I really wanted: A simple "how to" book about grains. The beans added in are a super bonus as they are most probably to be my next obsession!

I will stop buying cookbooks someday... I promise!

Activity Stuff

Finally I think I've got myself moving! After struggling for a long time, I just decided to take the "do what you can when you can" approach. I cannot run, my knees won't permit it. I can't lift weights anymore, my joints won't let me.

So...

Yesterday I went for a walk with my husband and my dog for 65 minutes. We walk fast, and non-stop, so I think I'm decently moving.

I also Did a 45 minutes Pilates workout (I have this package, I used the Intermediate Pilates Work out DVD). I followed the DVD work out, and then I added a few of my "own moves" to complete the work out.

Today I walked first thing in the morning. Me and the dog took off and walked/played non-stop for 40 minutes.

After that I did a Yoga work out (Yoga Shakti, by Shea Rea) for about 45 minutes.

I plan on walking again tonight. My goal is to take the dog for a walk at least 2 times/day. Not counting play time of course! AH!

Things are moving

I've been doing pretty good for the last two days. Not so much "eating perfectly" but rather gently following my plan.

Nowhere does it say in my material that I have to "eat clean" 100% of the time. Nowhere does it say that I have to work out 2 hours a day at high intensity.

I'm eating right, I'm moving, and I'm enjoying myself. What else could be better? It sure works for me!

Be good n stuff!

No comments: