Monday, May 12, 2008

The Healthy Food exploration continues

Yesterday while we were BBQing dinner, I made a packet with beets and onions (with thyme) and threw it on the BBQ for 1 hour while we ate.

Then I followed another recipe from the Sizzle It Cookbook (nothing like a new cookbook to get me going!) called Chilled Beet Soup with Cucumber & Scallion (p. 38).

The recipe is interesting, it tasted good, but it could take some tweaking up. I'll experiment with different spices and see what would work... I'm thinking roasted mustard seeds... Also, next time, I will BBQ the beets and onions longer, 1h and 1/2. Or make the fire hotter.

My husband didn't care for it. That's really sad cause there's a lot of it, so I'll be eating a lot of soup in the next few days hehehe. I'll try freezing some and see if THAT works.

So that's my experiment of the day!

Be good n stuff!

No comments: