Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tried a new recipe!

I was working this morning, and after a quick coffee, I ran home to finish up putting the bedroom and office together for painting tomorrow. After a few hours of it, I was really tired. You see, this morning, my alarm clock decided to adjust to spring time, and woke me up at 5 instead of 6. I spent all day trying to catch up.

Anyway, I was tired at the end of the day and not in a cooking mood. Yesterday I had bought the ingredients to try a new recipe out of one of my new cookbook "Veganomicon" and I ended up not trying it. Too much work! Tonight I didn't feel like doing it either, but I realized that I sure wouldn't have time to do it tomorrow.

So, I gathered every ounce of energy I had and tried the Spaghetti Squash Mexicana with Tropical Avocado Salsa Fresca. The recipe is a little labor intensive but it was so worth it! It's also not a difficult recipe, there's a bit of chopping to do, but it's an easy recipe to make!


It was spicy, but delicious spicy, not "hot and taste like nothing but fire" spicy. The sweetness of the mango balanced the spiciness of the hot sauce and chili. The coriander and cinnamon gave it a very rich taste. Really, it was a delicious meal. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, if it warms up well, it'll be a new winner in my house. We both loved it!

It's really pleasing to see vegan fare that is creative and tasty and healthy. Woah..

Those who don't like spicy food, hum.. you can cut down I guess, but know that "as is" it's a very spicy dish. It's so good though! Never be afraid of walking new paths, they will lead you to new wonders, discoveries and unforeseen pleasures!

Be good n stuff!!!

No comments: