Thursday, April 3, 2008

It's getting done!

When we bought our house, things started happening, and we ended up never having time to make it "our" house. We didn't even paint, much less do anything else.

Yesterday, workers have been in adding a pull down stairs to reach the attic which we had never been in. Not only it's much bigger than we thought, but with easy access, it will replace the garage and/or locker that everybody but us seem to have to put stuff away.

Also they are putting in shelves in my office closet. Lots and lots of shelves to put all my stuff and my junk that is laying around the place. We have a huge number of standard-sized boxes that we bought at office depot. You know those boxes that have handles holes and a lid that you can remove completely? The contractor measured the boxes and made the shelves so that the boxes would fit perfectly in there. It's also plenty high for other stuff and there are shelves from the floor to the ceiling. Plenty of space.

In short, we're going to 3 small and 1 medium-large closet, without any shelves, to store everything we own, to a large attic space and an office closet with plenty of shelves. Storage storage storage, everywhere!

Those two guys are also doing minor repair to my ceiling and fixing my fan in my bathroom. The main thing though is storage, I will have storage space in my house... FINALLY.

Next week, it's the painter! He's coming in to remove the ugly beige and put colors all over my walls. After 3 years of living in here, it will finally be OUR HOUSE, with our colors. Whether they look good or not, it will be OUR choices.

I can't believe it, this little condo with ugly colors and no storage will "feel" mine with happy colors and ton of storage. I can't wait for it to be done, I'm sick of the noise and the dust, but it is so worth the effort! I'll be posting pictures when it's all done!

Be good n stuff!

No comments: