Friday, July 25, 2008

Elegant Breakfast

I was hungry this morning, but nothing seemed good. Do you have those morning? Feeling a little mopey, whiny. Definitively a good day to treat myself.

Soooo, I decided to think up breakfast a little more than usual. It turned out very simple, but so good!

Here's what I had:

I had a little left over couscous from making the bentos this morning. It's pretty bland (the pork dish it goes with is very tasty) so it needed some spunk!

I cooked 1/2 cup of Better n egg with a lot of spices, hot chili, cumin, salt pepper and a little garam masala. I mixed the scrambled egg with the couscous.

With that I cut a carrot in sticks, and put a dish of eggplant hummus (from Trader Joes).

So, that's my breakfast, nothing earthshaking, but very tasty. As you can see in the picture though, I didn't go only for taste, but also for look.

I put the egg-couscous mixture in a white bowl, the hummus in a white dish (that's my soy sauce dipping dish for sushi!) and put the whole thing on a dark plate. It makes a fairly simple breakfast look all the more elegant.

I felt like I was eating a "fuffy breakfast" at a Mediterranean resort or something! It all in how you look at it, sometimes a tiny extra effort makes a huge difference!

Be good n stuff!

No comments: